Sunday, February 28, 2010

Card Swaps

I love card swaps. I love the act of creating something that could possibly end up halfway around the world, and hopefully be truly enjoyed/appreciated by the recipient. Now that doesn't mean my cards always come out the way I plan, but I certainly try my best to put a tiny piece of me in everything I do and I don't stop working until I'm happy with the result.


Paper: KaiserCraft "On The Dot"; Stamp: Inkadinkado "Birthday Fun"; Ink: Prussian Blue Chalk Ink

This card design is doing double duty for me. It is for a male birthday swap and a red/blue swap. I fell in love with this paper the moment I saw it and knew I had to find a project for it. It isn't very fancy or detailed, but I love how all the simple elements came together. The upper part of the circle is lightly pop dotted, as you can see below.



Cardstock: Unknown black and white; Stamps: Inkadinkado "Rock Star", "Birthday Fun" & Pollycraft Cherry Kisses-Attitude (digi stamp); Inks: Memento-Rose Bud, Tuxedo Black & London Fog, and Versamark; Markers/Pens: Copic-E00, Prismacolor Cool Grays-90%, 70%, 50%, 30% & 10%, and Glaze 3-d ink.
I had so much fun putting this one together. The girl is one I stamped off several of a while back when a few of my friends and I got together, I don't know what company she is but will find out. I decided to do all grays except for her heart and shoes to make her a bit of a tween, a girl heading into the teen years (goth look), yet still wanting to hang on to her little kid side (pink heart and shoes). This, of course, is only my interpretation. It is hard to see unless you are looking for it, but I stamped a skull/wing stamp with Versamark all over the black background and from the same Inkadinkado set I made the skull "ribbon" on a strip of white CS with London Fog gray. Everything white is lightly edged in the Rose Bud and the Happy Bday stamp is also in Rose Bud.

Paper: Stampin' Up!; Stamp: Inkadinkado "Birthday Fun"; Digistamp Alien: free online coloring page; Markers: Prismacolor Spanish Orange, Yellowed Orange & Orange; Ink: Versafine Onyx Black

I have had this alien hanging around for a while now. I printed him off ages ago but ended up not using him on the project I had been planning. This was a quick and easy card for me, it just all came together as soon as I found the paper pack in my stash. I'm not sure if Stampin' Up! sells it anymore, I think I got it on sale, possibly when they retired it.
I am happy to answer any questions about my creations, if I can. I hope I can inspire you to leave your computer and create!

4 comments:

Kim Ross said...

Very nice work, Jennifer! Glad to see you create a blog just for your craftiwork! I need to ressurect mine and clean out the cobwebs. :)

scrappingbob said...

I love your cards you did an awesome job. I believe little alien boy is just a coloring page one that was sized for cards. I have him also and that is how I have him marked as coloring page. Love the colors. You inspired me to create today, instead of work LOL!

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Love it!!! I especially love the way you made the border on the goth one!!

She is from Pollycraft and one of the Cherry Kisses BTW. I only know because I lovey this image myself- big shock I know! ;)

Jenn said...

LOVE them all, but I'm pretty sure the robot guy ismy favorite! And now I want that birthday stamp... ;D
Thanks for sharing!